Entrepreneurship story: In my innovation academy class I am halfway in the process of developing a project for catalyst. The subject of the project is on developing a product or service that promotes some form of early childhood development. The class involved using the SPRINT process developed by google ventures in order to quickly develop or test a project. The project we selected as group was to develop a subscription based box service in order to encourage families to involve children in the cooking process, teach the parents to cook healthy food for their kids, and to develop healthy eating habits for their kids. To do that it would use a variety of recipes, cookie cutter style forms for vegetables to make them fun and bite size, and a concise nutritional information guide for the parents to better educate themselves. We have already narrowed the target audience to overweight, upper middle class, college educated families and are in the process of developing the service and its revenue model.
Why I am enrolled in the class: I'm enrolled in the class as part of my graduation requirement, but as a business major I am still very interested in entrepreneurship as a concept. I want to start a business a couple of years after first entering the work force.
Part of the initial brainstorming process: I am including a picture of part of the brainstorming process we had to go through to reach our final idea.

Cesarya,
ReplyDeleteI think it's really cool and impressing how you are already halfway in the process of developing your own project. I haven't heard of any work from the Innovation academy yet and I never really knew what they were about. It seems like your project is a really great cause and can help a lot of kids and i'm glad we have students like you to go above and beyond. I also would love to start a business after first entering the workforce. I think you're on the right path. The brainstorm sheet was a great touch!
Hi Cesarya,
ReplyDeleteHave you thought about what type of business you’d like to own? Being your own boss sounds great, but I can’t say I’d like to own my own business until I start a new job related to my major. The project you’re working on seems to force you to think like an entrepreneur and focus on narrowed audiences. I like how your idea will involve kids in the process and encourage them to have fun while eating more vegetables. Good luck with your project!