1) Describe five ways in which you think you have human capital that is truly unique. What is it about you, exactly, that makes you different? Write this up in a detailed list.
Patience- I think I am an exceptionally patient person both with other people and in completing challenges. I see this demonstrated when I garden and often have to wait months or years to see any progress in what I am trying to create.
Resilience- I am resilient in the face of challenges. This often expresses itself when faced with challenges and meeting deadlines.
Perspective- I provide a different perspective then most people. I think I offer a unique perspective as having been born in a different country, having a multicultural upbringing and even just through the own uniqueness of my personality expressing itself.
Calmness- I am very calm in the face of challenge and can work through it. I see this often expressed when meeting deadlines or taking tests.
Analytical- I think of things in a very calculated and analytical way. This expresses itself most when working on projects or working with others.
Patience- I think I am an exceptionally patient person both with other people and in completing challenges. I see this demonstrated when I garden and often have to wait months or years to see any progress in what I am trying to create.
Resilience- I am resilient in the face of challenges. This often expresses itself when faced with challenges and meeting deadlines.
Perspective- I provide a different perspective then most people. I think I offer a unique perspective as having been born in a different country, having a multicultural upbringing and even just through the own uniqueness of my personality expressing itself.
Calmness- I am very calm in the face of challenge and can work through it. I see this often expressed when meeting deadlines or taking tests.
Analytical- I think of things in a very calculated and analytical way. This expresses itself most when working on projects or working with others.
2) Interview the five people who know you the best. Ask them what they think makes you different -- remember, focus on your knowledge, skills, abilities, emotions -- in other words, your human capital. Try to stay away from discussing your other types of capital (such as who you know). Record each interview. In your post, please post each interview, as well as a two-three sentence summary of each interview, explaining what your key takeaways are. There is no time limit on these recordings. As long as you cover the information asked for above, that's all you need to do. (Audio recordings are fine. You'll need to use a platform like Soundcloud to host your files.)
She says that I am very curious and have a need to understand the world. She says that I am resilient and have a need to understand things. He says that I am confident in myself. He also says that I am sociable and a very calm person. She says that I am very self confident in my own own abilities. She also believes that I have the ability to inspire others. She says that my drive and resilience make me different. She elaborated especially on my drive to learn new things and my need to understand them.
She says that I have a different perspective on things due to my cultural background. She says that it allows me to be more creative because of the different cultural forces I have grew up with.
3) Reflect on the differences. How do you see yourself, and how do others see you? Are there differences in how you assess yourself compared to others? What do you think causes these differences? Do you think your interviewees are correct about you? Finally, going back to your list from part 1, would you make any corrections to the list? How?
I see myself in much the same way others see me. Although there are a few differences. I think the differences are caused from differences in perspective and how only I have the complete view of my own emotions and motivations, while others have to view me through what I express to them. They only have a limited view of who I am, and vice versa. Looking back at list 1 I don't think I would make any corrections to it. It seems to reflect both the way I and others see me, in an accurate way.
She says that I have a different perspective on things due to my cultural background. She says that it allows me to be more creative because of the different cultural forces I have grew up with.
3) Reflect on the differences. How do you see yourself, and how do others see you? Are there differences in how you assess yourself compared to others? What do you think causes these differences? Do you think your interviewees are correct about you? Finally, going back to your list from part 1, would you make any corrections to the list? How?
I see myself in much the same way others see me. Although there are a few differences. I think the differences are caused from differences in perspective and how only I have the complete view of my own emotions and motivations, while others have to view me through what I express to them. They only have a limited view of who I am, and vice versa. Looking back at list 1 I don't think I would make any corrections to it. It seems to reflect both the way I and others see me, in an accurate way.
Hi Cesar!
ReplyDeleteFirst off, I love how you posted your interviews on SoundCloud and then inserted them on here. I couldn't figure out how to post recordings on here so this gives me a good idea for the next assignment that requires that. But I like how you used mostly all adjectives to describe your secret sauce. I used some worldly examples for half of mine and then personality traits (adjectives).
Cesar,
ReplyDeleteExcellent job of figuring out sound cloud and being able to post the audio correctly. What stood out to me about your qualities is "perspective". Entrepreneurship is all about seeing situations differently. Problems are not seen as obstacles but rather opportunities. Entrepreneurs have a unique perspective and that allows some to experience great success.
Cesar,
ReplyDeleteJust like everyone else I too had problems properly embedding the soundcloud recording into the blog so having a reference to how it should look helps, if you could reply with how you did it would be great. One thing that stuck out to me was when brenda said that you're a curious person, I think curiosity is a quality that fits an entrepreneur, trying and exploring new ideas and ventures. Also like you pointef out sometimes people van interpret your emotions differently than how you actually feel and it can cause someone to think something different of you.