Friday, August 2, 2019

30A – Final Reflection


My most formative experience was when we were going through the different news articles to search for opportunities. I had never thought of thinking of the new and problems as in the context of being entrepreneurial opportunities for me solve. It really helped shift my perspective and brought my thinking closer to the entrepreneurial mindset.

The experience I’ll remember years later is when I had to make multiple phone calls to experts in order to interview them. It was rough having to interview experts, since you had to locate them and try to contact people who are difficult to be contacted. There’s a sense of failure and rejection you will ultimately face when doing so.

My most joyous experience was when I was developing my first idea of seaweed. I really liked the idea as a concept and thought that the entire think worked really well as a whole to solve two problems at the same time. The ideas relevance to me by being in my locality inspired more enthusiasm on my part when I was researching it.

The experience I’m most proud of myself for accomplishing is the elevator pitches. It helped me develop my speaking skills and present my ideas concisely and clearly.
I do see myself as more an entrepreneur than I had before. I don’t think I would fully consider myself as an entrepreneur yet, but I have made definite progress. I feel myself moving in the direction of an entrepreneur.

I think I have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset throughout completing all the assignments in this course.  The constant interviewing really helped build my interpersonal skills and my interviewing skills. I have also started to look at the world in a different way.

I would recommend to future students to take the quizzes immediately after watching the lectures while the content is still fresh in their mind. It really helps when answering very specific questions based on small parts of the lecture.

I would recommend for them to start earlier and not underestimate how long it takes to acquire interviews. I would also suggest to list out all the specific requirements of the assignment so they can make sure to fulfill all the criteria. It is also helpful in overcoming the overwhelmingness of an assignment by breaking it down into the minutia of its steps.

To best foster their entrepreneurial mindset, I would suggest to think of problems in the sense of opportunities for them to solve. I would tell them to ask themselves how they could fulfill the unfulfilled needs of others.


No comments:

Post a Comment