Friday, July 5, 2019

18A – Create a Customer Avatar

Customer Avatar: 

My customer avatar is a married woman and mother of two. She lives with her family in Florida, in a large suburban house that will soon be partially renovated. Being 36, she feels like she’s not young anymore because of all the responsibilities she bears and the pressure she feels. In fact, she has a very busy life: in the morning she drives her children to school with her blue Prius just before going to work to and when she comes back home she likes relaxing watching Discovery channel with her family, playing with her children or just reading books. She and her husband have been married for 14 years, after 2 years of engagement. She organized her wedding in details and made sure everything was as planned. She and her husband met when they were 20 during a cooking class and since then they like cooking and try new recipes together, even if now they both are very busy. In fact, he works a lot too and very often at home with his computer. Every Saturday morning, after writing down a grocery list, she goes buying food and other products she needs for the incoming week. She is a very well organized woman and plans everything she does. For example, she organizes the family holidays and manages the family finances. Although she has a very busy life, she is still able to find time for her hobbies, like gardening. In fact, she grows plants and vegetables she later cooks in her backyard. She tried to share this interest with her children, but the oldest, a 12-year-old girl, seems to be interested in spending time with her friends only and likes hosting sleepovers, while her 7-year-old boy prefers playing with videogames. However, even if she has a very busy life, she still finds time for her family and friends as she sometimes organizes barbeques at night. 

What do you have in common with the customer avatar?
I do have something in common with my customer avatar. Like her, I also have a very busy life and often feel under pressure. However, I still manage to spend time with my family and friends. Also, we both respect nature and feel a strong connection to it that we express through gardening. Another thing my customer avatar and I have in common is that we are both well organized and control every aspect of our lives.


If you have anything in common with the avatar, do you think that is a coincidence?
I don’t think it is a coincidence.

Why?
It’s not a coincidence because my ideas are based on my own views so I would naturally target a type of consumer with similar views as myself.


3 comments:

  1. Cesar,

    The amount of detail that you shared about your target customer is on a level that I had not even considered. You were able to go to a deeper place that identified her character and driving forces about what motivates her in life. She sounds wonderful! I like how you see that there are people who are detailed planners as a character trait; this is a personality trait that ties in well with the environmental consciousness as well as the financial budgeting skills that go along with being a planner.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cesar,

    I think you gave a great visual of your customer avatar. I could picture how this customer would be interested in your idea because she’s mindful of where her food comes from (gardening) and drives a Prius. It would make sense for her to want to be environmentally friendly in other ways, such as using led lights. Her interest in the Discovery Channel is a nice touch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cesar,
    I think your custom avatar is very interesting and very well described. I see a lot of the same attributes in my mother who is always wanting to spend time with me but works a very busy job. Also, like the avatar's kids I am very busy with school and work of my own. A marriage of 14 years is great though, and your avatar seems to fit your segment.

    ReplyDelete