Reflection from No. 2: I didn't actually receive feedback on
my last pitch so I had a friend give their own reflection on it. Then I based
the changes I made to my pitch on that feedback. I see now that I hadn't
actually had the last pitch focus on describing the reasons to invest and it
was missing key information that an investor would want to know before they
invested in something like this. I see now that I should have spent more time
on thinking about the pitch itself from the investors perspective. I should
have been trying to fill them in on exactly what I am doing, and why the
industry and venture are likely to be worth looking into.
What I changed: I added a more concrete business plan and
fleshed it out and included more statistics provided by the US department of
energy describing why this is a great industry to be in. I also described why
its a great time to invest since the industry is in a transitional phase and
provided a detailed marketing scheme and focused on making the entire pitch
feel smoother and more cohesive as a whole. I also removed a lot of extraneous
or less relevant details to fit the pitch into the new time span. I think this
was overall a positive change since it leads investors into the most important
details quicker. I felt a lot more calm and collected after doing it so many
times I think my pitch was a lot better than previous attempts.
Hey Cesar! I really liked your idea of focusing on LED lights and bringing them to the Gainesville community. Here's a few friendly suggestions. It could help to mention if your store is a physical or digital service. Also in the actual pitch itself you could put more energy in and make it more fluid. I did see that you were using hand moments and were dressed professionally so that's definitely a plus.
ReplyDeleteHi Cesar,
ReplyDeleteI liked how you opened right up with an eye catching statistic. It really made me not only focus in on what you were talking about, but also grabbed my attention right off the bat. You also made it very clear what your target and goal was before you dove into what your actual business was which is good because most people usually forget to explain themselves before their idea.
Cesar,
ReplyDeleteThe way you begin this elevator pitch is excellent. The initial statistic grabs the audience attention and we are locked in to hear what you have to say next. I believe this is your best one. You speak clearly and you sentences flow together well. I see the improvements from the last ones. Good job.
Cesar,
ReplyDeleteOpening up with facts and statistics about LED lighting, and the many benefits that they offer was a great way to engage the listener and keep them at attention. I agree that it was an overall positive change that you had in this final elevator pitch. Overall I think you improved a lot and I think it had to do with changing the perspective of pitching it for the investors. Great job improvinf on each pitch.